For a primer on Arizona Architecture, download the 100 Degrees of Design PDF, the definitive modern mini-mag by Desert Living.
Bennie Gonzales, aia
Fred Guirey, faia
Charles Montooth, aia
Calvin C. Straub, faia
- Calvin C. Straub, FAIA inspired thousands of students in who attended his World Architecture lectures at Arizona Sate University. An accomplished architect in his own right, this "father of California post-and-beam architecture" fused the arts and crafts tradition with modernism.
Robert J. Peterson
Joe B. Wong
Frank Lloyd Wright
FLW didn't really consider himself to be part of the Modernist movement, so we don't extensively cover his work on our website, but we do have a bit.
Some other authoritative resources:
Blaine Drake, aia
Charles and Arthur Schreiber
Weaver & Drover, aia
- Find everything we've written about them in the Ralph Haver Archive
- Growing up Haver: A Modern Phoenix Family Chronicle
by Bucky Haver
- Ralph Haver AIA: Everyman's Modernist
- Jimmie Ray Nunn FAIA: An Honest Architect
- James Salter AIA: Design Director of Haver's Firm
- Ralph Haver's life and work
- Haverhoods: The definitive directory to all confirmed Ralph Haver neighborhoods we know of. If it's not in here, it's not confirmed.
- The professional portfolios of Haver, Nunn & Jensen. And Nelson. And Collamer. And Associates. According to his staff it was still "Haver, Nunn-the-less". View over 27 of the firm's award-winning projects in Arizona (many of them long gone) including the Cine Capri theater, the Koko Club, First Federal Savings and Loan, Barrow's, The City of Phoenix Municpal Complex and Coronado High School.
- UPDATE! The Arizona Bank by Ralph Haver & Associates on Thomas Road is transformed into Sherwin-Williams paint store
- The Rancho Ventura Haver Hive in Town and Country 1 learns what it is like to build community in Claudia Hartman's Story of RE.
- A remarkable Town and Country home time capsule in Janet Manor shows original finishes useful for future Ralph Haver restorations.
- Vintage photos of a home in Janet Manor in the 50s and 60s, aka Ralph Haver's Town and Country II in Uptown Phoenix
- Vintage ads from 1956 for Town and Country Manor, the first of four Town and Country tract home developments by Ralph Haver and Fred Woodward
- Vintage floorplans, materials cabinet layouts and exterior color schemes for Haver's Starlite Vista tract home plans
- Starlite Vista by Ralph Haver
- Lei'ed to Rest - The Kon Tiki
- Kon Tiki Memorabilia collection