For a primer on Arizona Architecture, download the 100 Degrees of Design PDF, the definitive modern mini-mag by Desert Living.
Ralph Parachek aia
- NEW! The colorful world of Ralph Parachek, founder of Nu Parr
- NEW! American Evangelical Lutheran Church
Charles Polacek aia
- NEW! History of Park 5th Avenue
- NEW! The Pierre on 5th Avenue
- Shorewood Apartments on 5th Avenue
- Brownmoor Estates
Bennie Gonzales aia
- Bennie Gonzales Biography
- Bibliography of Bennie Gonzales
- Arizona Medical Association
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
- Scottsdale Civic Center
- Bibliography of Gonzales articles
- Architectural Works of Bennie Gonzales
- Boulders Design Point of Contention by Johanna Haver
Fred Guirey faia
Charles Montooth aia
Allan & Olsson
Calvin C. Straub faia
- Calvin C. Straub, FAIA inspired thousands of students in who attended his World Architecture lectures at Arizona Sate University. An accomplished architect in his own right, this "father of California post-and-beam architecture" fused the arts and crafts tradition with modernism.
- Architect DK Taylor settled down in Scottsdale and built a beautiful home in Paradise Valley.
- The Sandra Day O'Connor house, was so distinctive it was disassembled brick by brick and rebuilt in Papago Park.
- A Night of Neutra celebrated the work of Neutra and Alexander in the Painted Desert, as well as the rehabilitation of the Phoenix Financial Center Rotunda for docomomo_us Tour Day
- Take a daytrip to see Richard Neutra's Painted Desert Visitor Center in Northern Arizona.
- The Rice House by Richard Neutra in Richmond, Virginia
Robert J. Peterson
- Modern Adobe Home by Robert J. Peterson is demolished to make way for new homes, despite being on 2013 "Endangered Dozen" list
Joe B. Wong
- Movie about Wong's life and work
Pierson Miller Ware
Frank Lloyd Wright
FLW didn't really consider himself to be part of the Modernist movement, so we don't extensively cover his work on our website, but we do have a bit.
- The David and Gladys Wright Foundation gifted their home to the School of Architecture at Taliesin on Frank Lloyd Wright's 150th birthday. Then the Foundation declined it?
- The drama of saving the David Wright House is almost over. If we forget the lessons of the past, here's our chronicle of the events as they unfolded in 2012.
- The Boomer House
- The Adelman House
- The Carlson House
- The Price House
- The Pauson House (Ruins)
- Student Shelters at Taliesin West
Some other authoritative resources:
- Great Buildings: Taliesin West
- Taliesin West: Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture
- Remembering Frank Henry 1934 - 2013. Includes biography and memorial
- Valley National Bank aka Chase Bank
Blaine Drake aia
- Requiem in Shades of Gray: The Scoville House and Blaine Drake Biography
- The Richert House
- The French Residence
- The Manker Residence
- The Beck Residence
- The Admiral Holcomb Residence
- Blaine Drake archives at ASU
Charles and Arthur Schreiber
Weaver & Drover aia
- There's just way too much to list here! Find over 115 articles about this firm's work in Phoenix, Tucson and beyond in the Ralph Haver Archive
- Ralph Haver AIA: Everyman's Modernist
- Jimmie Ray Nunn FAIA: An Honest Architect
- James Salter AIA: Design Director of Haver's Firm
- Chronology of Ralph Haver's life and work
- Growing up Haver: A Modern Phoenix Family Chronicle by Bucky Haver
- Multifamily Apartments, Condos and Triplexes
- Commercial Buildings
- Haverhoods: The definitive directory to all confirmed Ralph Haver neighborhoods we know of. If it's not in here, it's not confirmed.
- The professional portfolios of Haver, Nunn & Jensen. And Nelson. And Collamer. And Associates. According to his staff it was still "Haver, Nunn-the-less". Browse the firm's award-winning projects in Arizona (many of them long gone) including the Cine Capri theater, the Koko Club, First Federal Savings and Loan, Barrow's, The City of Phoenix Municpal Complex and Coronado High School.
- 15th Annual Modern Phoenix Home Tour of the Haverhoods
- 3rd Annual Modern Phoenix Home tour in Ralph Haver's Marlen Grove
- Again, there's way too much to list here, so The Beadle Archive houses our catalogue of works by Al Beadle in Arizona and California.
- Al Beadle's Executive Towers. In 1962 Alfred Newman Beadle designed the tallest highrise residental structure ever in uptown Phoenix.
- Executive Towers makes the National Register of Historic Places!
- Best of the Beadle Boxes Bus Tour
- A surprising update on Roman Roads by Al Beadle
- PBSW aka Melrose Market
- The glory days of the swingin' Safari Hotel in Scottsdale from the Ernest A. and Billie W. Uhlmann Family Archive
- Safari Tales - The rise and fall of the old Safari Resort in downtown Scottsdale
- Al Beadle's Safari Hotel Vintage postcards
- Paradise Gardens Model Home Brochure (whether Beadle enjoyed it or not, his name is still on the brochure front and back)
- All about Paradise Gardens
- Modern Phoenix Week 2017 in Paradise Gardens
- Modern Phoenix Week 2010 in Paradise Gardens
- Ferguson's Cafeteria
- The Healy/Fearnow Residence
- Phoenix Beadle House Saved in Preservation Online magazine
- The Steel and Glass Man by Gene Garrison
- San Diego Developer can't afford to renovate the Western Bell building, plans to 'doze it
- Farewell, Mountain Bell
180 Degrees Design +Build
The Ranch Mine LLC
LEA Architects LLC
Bill Kurtz Architects PC
Marlene Imirzian & Associates
AU Design Studio
Rob Paulus Architects
Includes chronologies from the 1950s onward and video
Kendle Design Collaborative
SEAD: Studio for the Exploration of Architecture in the Desert
Westlake Reed Leskosky
Leaders in historic restoration and adaptive re-use
Douglas Architecture and Planning
The Construction Zone
Douglas Sydnor Architect & Associates
Circle West Architects, P.C.
Richärd Kennedy Architects
Michael P. Johnson Design Studios Ltd.
Woolsey Studio, Inc.
Patry Building Company