MODERN PHOENIX, LLC
1. User Content and Public Sharing. The Modern Phoenix Website and Service permits its users to create, post, distribute, upload, display, or otherwise make available or transmit content of their own creations, including written works posted on message boards, chat and blogs, and any other content, including without limitation, videos, music, images, and text (collectively, "User Content").
2. Information Collection and Use.
General. The information we collect about you, the visitor or user of the Website and Services, is used only to give you a better Modern Phoenix experience and/or to provide services and functionality to users and enterprise/business customers who may offer access to Modern Phoenix Services through their own website. Modern Phoenix may use the information that you provide, or that we collect, to operate, maintain, enhance, and deliver the various features and services found on the Modern Phoenix Website and in connection with the Services.
Modern Phoenix also uses all of the information that we collect from users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Modern Phoenix Website and Service work and look, and to create new features and functionality. Other examples of how Modern Phoenix may use such information would include to: (A) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website or use the Services; (B) monitor your participation in various sections of the Modern Phoenix Website and Services; (C) customize our Service to you, including by providing you with recommendations, and (D) monitor aggregate Website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
We may use your e-mail address for administrative communications such as notifying you of service or product updates, additional functionality updates, for customer service purposes, and to send privacy or security-related notices.
Please note that all of the usage described in this section relates strictly to our use and disclosure of your “personally identifiable information” (as described below). Modern Phoenix reserves the right to use non-personally identifiable information for any purpose.
In addition, to the extent you use or access the Modern Phoenix Website and/or Services through a third-party website (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+), the use and/or disclosure of your information by the owner of that site may be subject to different terms and polices that are outside of Modern Phoenix’s control. We encourage you to review any applicable terms and policies relating to your use of third-party sites.
Personally Identifiable Information. In the course of using the Website and/or Services, we ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, user name, email address, age, passwords, and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
We also collect the other information that you provide as part of your use of the Services, including via your registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation zip code, gender, age, birthdate, geo-location, unique device identifier, IP address, and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Modern Phoenix Users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Website and Services and to analyze and understand how our Website and/or Services are used.
We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Modern Phoenix newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, push notifications, and other information that may be of interest to you. Modern Phoenix Users who agree to the terms and conditions of the Modern Phoenix Terms of Service Agreement are given the opportunity to opt-in to receiving such communications from us in the future. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. (See “Changing or Deleting Your Information,” below.)
Non-Personal Information. As you use the Services, whether as n Modern Phoenix user who has an Account with us, or as a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, including our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, unique user ID, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Services and for the Website’s technical administration. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Surveys and Promotions. From time to time, we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes (any of these a “Promotion”) via our Services. If you participate in a Promotion we will request certain Personal Information from you. We use the Personal Information you provide to us in these instances to administer your participation in the Promotion. Participation in a Promotion is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
Third party advertisers on the Services may also place or read cookies on your browser. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Services.
We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) in connection with our Services to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel that is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on a user’s hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
Personal Information - Modern Phoenix Users. When you register through the Website and submit your Personal Information to create a profile, Modern Phoenix Users will see your “Screen Name” (“Required User Identifiers”). We may allow you can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile (“Other User Information”) and in some cases you can choose whether to share that information publicly on the Website by making selections in your profile. Providing Other User Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Modern Phoenix Users. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used (each a “Service Provider”). The types of Service Providers we use include, without limitation, those that provide the following types of services: credit card processing, accounting, customer relationship management, Website maintenance, notification services, database management and web analytics. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third Parties to whom you Disclose Information. Modern Phoenix does not and cannot control the privacy policies of third parties, and therefore you are subject to the privacy policies of any third parties to whom you disclose your information. This Privacy Notice only addresses the use and disclosure of information that Modern Phoenix collects from you or that you disclose to us. To the extent you provide your personal information to any third party, including any third parties that you may access through the Modern Phoenix Website and/or Services, we strongly encourage you to carefully read, consider and agree with such parties’ terms and policies before doing so.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Modern Phoenix cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Modern Phoenix or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
5. Changing or Deleting Your Information. All Modern Phoenix Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request. See below for privacy contact information.
6. Security. Modern Phoenix is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Anything shared on the Internet and with Modern Phoenix is at the sole risk of each visitor and user. We encourage you to keep your given password confidential and advise us immediately if you believe your account, password or other given information has been misused or otherwise misappropriated. (Please also see applicable portions of the Terms of Service.)
8. Our Policy Toward Children. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE MODERN PHOENIX SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Modern Phoenix does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Modern Phoenix learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Modern Phoenix Service, then Modern Phoenix will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Modern Phoenix Service User, then please contact Modern Phoenix at support@ModernPhoenix.net to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
11. Your California Privacy Rights. Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users and customers of Modern Phoenix, LLC who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to support@ModernPhoenix.net or write us:Privacy Modern Phoenix, LLC 4624 N. 11th Place PHoenix, AZ 85014
Last Updated: 10/01/2014