You've found your tribe! Modern Phoenix Week 2020 will be held March 13-22. Tickets go on sale February 1 at 8 am. The Home Tour sells out in hours, so we encourage you to join our mailing list and check back here in late January for details.
Wrap-up of Modern Phoenix Home Tour 2019
- Overview of all Events and Tours
- Lorna House
- Patio Paradiso
- McCallum Residence
- Princess Amarilla
- Rancho Haven
- McMinn Residence
- Ruppster Ranch
- Wishmeier Residence
- Larkin Home & Studio
- The Flowplex
- Vintage Cars on Tour Day
- People Watching
Wrap-up of Modern Phoenix Week Workshops, Tours and Events 2019
- Modern Phoenix Expo at Scottsdale Community College
- Pillow Talk with Sarah Marsom at Park Central
- A Tale of Two Fingado Houses at Copenhagen Imports
- Mosaic workshop at Modernique
- Roman Roads Progressive Wine Tour
- Private tour of Treasures from the Beadle Collection at ASU
- Midcentury Midtown Bike Tour
- In Tandem: The Life and Work of Jerry and Evelyn Ackerman at DWR
- Josef Albers with Clare Campbell Park at the Heard Museum
- Park Lee Alice Community Celebration
- Photographing Wright with Andrew Pielage
Sign up for news, special events, preservation action alerts, volunteering, and our Annual Home Tour in March of 2020
- NEW Making Architecture: The Work of 180 Degrees Design + Build reveals the art of working with historic properties and building desert architecture
Celebrating Haver & Nunn
- UPDATE Town and Country Paradise in North Phoenix includes new and improved photography
- UPDATE Northwood in Uptown Phoenix includes new and improved photography
- UPDATE Kensington Terrace in Uptown Phoenix gets its first update in
- NEW Phoenix Country Club Townhomes were award-winning
- NEW First Thrift Bank on Central Ave is a recent discovery
- NEW Polynesian Dairy Queen in Scottsdale was moved!
- NEW Villa d'Este in Scottsdale featured here for the first time
- NEW Villa Adrian in Scottsdale featured here for the first time
- NEW Hillcrest in Moon Valley featured here for the first time
- UPDATE Golden Keys in Scottsdale includes a new vintage brochure illustration
- UPDATE Starlite Vista in North Phoenix includes new and improved photography
- UPDATE Pueblo Bonita In Arcadia Lite includes and improved photography
Your favorite pages may have moved!We've restructured a few things, making it easier to archive images for the long term. Need help finding an old favorite? Use the search box here.
LOST IN STUCCOVILLE?
- Try our interactive map of midcentury neighborhoods, vintage retailers and landmarks. Includes driving tours!
- Map of all properties featured in the Midcentury Marvels Book
- Map of Top 25 eligible yet unprotected properties in Phoenix
- Map of vintage neon in Phoenix Metro
- Map of Vintage Van Buren Avenue
- Map of Al Beadle Architecture
[does not include private homes]
- Map of Fred Guirey Architecture
- Download the printable PDF of Top 10 neighborhoods.
MAPS IN FLUX
The host of our maps has moved to a subscription model. Due to the number of private and public maps we maintain, we are in the process of choosing a new map host. The old maps are still functional, but please pardon the awkward graphics while we make the transition!
DO A GOOD THING
Modern Phoenix's research, mapping and social activism is funded exclusively through advertising and special events. If you support our vision, consider sponsoring Modern Phoenix Week to reach your niche market.
AZ Central Critic's Choice
Best Home Tour
Phoenix Magazine Best of the Valley 2019
Best Memory for the Way Things Used to BeBest of Phoenix 2019
Best Home TourBest of Phoenix 2016
Best of Phoenix 2015
Best of Phoenix 2014
Best of Phoenix 2012
Best Modern Architecture Tour 2013
Best Modern Phoenix Tour Stop 2013
The Modern Phoenix® website is owned by Modern Phoenix, LLC. All content is ©2001-2019 Modern Phoenix, LLC unless otherwise credited or a vintage reprint. Individual photographs may be owned by third parties.