Modern Phoenix Week 2018 tickets go on sale February 1, 2018 at modernphoenixweek.com. Rough agenda will be published early January.
Modern Phoenix Home Tour Wrap-up for 2017
- Preview all homes
- Atomic Lagoon
- Encanto Haus
- Prickly Pear Residence
- Simply Modern
- Weatherup Residence
- Beadle Buddy
- Carstens Residence
- Jobuilt Pizza
- Noonan Case Study
- Party Pad
- Griffin Residence
- Vintage cars
Modern Phoenix Week 2017 Events
- Executive Towers makes the National Register of Historic Places!
- Will Bruder talk at Copenhagen
- Modernique Book Signing with Julia Buckingham
- Meet the MoPhos: The People of Modern Phoenix Week
- Agenda for Modern Phoenix Week 2017
Docomomo US National Symposium on Modernism and Climate 2017
- Docomomo Sympoisum Events at Phoenix College
- Symposium and tour at Taliesin West
- Symposium and tours of Paolo Soleri Architecture
- Founding Fathers of Modern Phoenix Bus Tour
- Best of the Beadle Boxes Bus Tour
Knocking Around Town
Sign up for news, special events, preservation action alerts, volunteering, and our Annual Home Tour in March of 2018
Modern Marketplace Moved!After a 14 year run, our beloved message boards have been deactivated. Are you a member of the Modern Phoenix Marketplace on Facebook yet? That's where all the action is now! Answer three quick questions when you apply to expedite your membership in this private, lively group for people serious about buying and selling in Central Arizona.
The Beadle Archive
- A surprising update on Roman Roads by Al Beadle
- An update on Beadle's White Gates: how those beguiling elliptoid screens were made!
- Lost, Saved and At-Risk Buildings in Phoenix: The 2017 Year in Review
- The David and Gladys Wright Foundation gifted their home to the School of Architecture at Taliesin on Frank Lloyd Wright's 150th birthday
- The Valley National Bank on Willetta by Weaver & Drover was demolished
- The Valley National Bank on Scottsdale by Weaver and Drover is adaptively reused by Postino Highland
- Phoenix lost the Whitacre House by Fred Guirey FAIA
FIND YOUR WAY
LOST IN STUCCOVILLE?
- Try our interactive map of midcentury neighborhoods, vintage retailers and landmarks. Includes driving tours!
- Map of all properties featured in the Midcentury Marvels Book
- Map of Top 25 eligible yet unprotected properties in Phoenix
- Map of vintage neon in Phoenix Metro
- Map of Vintage Van Buren Avenue
- Map of Al Beadle Architecture
[does not include private homes]
- Map of Fred Guirey Architecture
- Download the printable PDF of Top 10 neighborhoods.
DO A GOOD THING
Modern Phoenix's research, mapping and social activism is funded exclusively through advertising and special events. If you support our vision, consider advertising on Modern Phoenix or sponsoring Modern Phoenix Week to reach your niche market.
WE'RE TOTALLY SOCIAL
Best Home TourBest of Phoenix 2016
Best of Phoenix 2015
Best of Phoenix 2014
a Best of Phoenix 2012
Best Modern Architecture Tour 2013
Best Modern Phoenix Tour Stop 2013