Modern Phoenix Home Tour tickets now on sale.
View the Modern Phoenix Week 2016 agenda
Wrap-up of Modern Phoenix Week 2015
- Overview of Modern Phoenix Week Events
- Miret Retreat in Trail West
- Linder Residence in Village Grove
- Electri-living home in Sherwood Heights
- Hubbell House in Hy View
- Bowen Residence in Hy View
- Clubhouse at Golden Keys
- Golden Keys Remodel
- Golden Keys Time Capsule
- Coffin & King in Sherwood Heights
- Bluebell in Papago Gardens
- Ace's Oasis at the Embassy
- What would Ralph Haver do? in Town and Country
- David Wright House private tours
- The Strip's kickoff party in Uptown Phoenix
- Vintage cars on our tour
- Modern Marketplace at SMoCA
- Meet the MoPhos, candids of volunteers staff, homeowners and sponsors
- Research your midcentury modern home with primary sources workshop
- The week's complete agenda
The Beadle Archive
- The Beadle Registry is authenticating the Beadle properties for posterity. Reach out if you own a Beadle building!
- Barrett Residence in Desert Ranch, North Scottsdale
- Kramlich House in California
- Beadle House #11 gets updated photos
- Beadle House #1 in Minnetonka. Al Beadle's first house ever built debuts here for the first time!
- Breckwoldt Residence
- Barrett Spec House
- Kirby House
- University Village is getting demolished
- Hotel in Yuma is still clinging to its Beadle heritage
- Gila Bend Motor Hotel is not much to look at anymore, but we documented it anyway
- Paradise Gardens was updated with a few more vintage documents
Sign up for news, special events, preservation action alerts, volunteering and info on our Home Tour + Modern Marketplace in April of 2016.
- Mesa's Neon signs illuminate old Route 60 at night
- Vintage Signs of Phoenix gets an update with more signs
- Sherwood Heights neighborhood in West Scottsdale
- Frerichs Residence by Allan And Olsson
- Golden Keys is confirmed as a Haverhood
- Windemere by Haver gets all new photography
- Mayfair Manor by Haver gets all new photography
- The Postwar Architecture Task Force of Greater Phoenix welcomes your reports on midcentury properties in trouble
- Our Links page was updated with great modern vacation rentals like Airbnb and Vrbo
- Our message boards were reinstalled and work better than ever on mobile devices
- Are you a member of the new Modern Phoenix Marketplace on Facebook yet? It's where all the action is!
Huzzah! Did you know that you can now schedule a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's David and Gladys Wright House? Visit their website and select a date, then sign on as a supporter of their progress!
FIND YOUR WAY
LOST IN STUCCOVILLE?
- Try our interactive map of midcentury neighborhoods, vintage retailers and landmarks. Includes driving tours!
- Map of all properties featured in the Midcenutry Marvels Book
- Map of vintage neon in Phoenix Metro
- Map of Vintage Van Buren Avenue
- Map of Al Beadle Architecture
[does not include private homes]
- Map of Fred Guirey Architecture
- Download the printable PDF of Top 10 neighborhoods.
DO A GOOD THING
ModernPhoenix's research, mapping and social activism is funded exclusively through advertising and events. If you support our vision, consider advertising on Modern Phoenix to reach your niche market.
WE'RE TOTALLY SOCIAL
Best Home TourBest of Phoenix 2014
Best of Phoenix 2012
Best Modern Architecture Tour 2013
Best Modern Phoenix Tour Stop 2013