It's All About That Beadle
- A Tale of Two Fingado Houses by Janice Fingado, one of young Al Beadle's first patrons, relates his approach to working with clients and color
- Vintage photos of Fingado House 1 from 1953
- Vintage photos of Fingado House 2 from 1958
- Roman Roads has fantastic news about their provenance!
- Paradise Gardens neighborhood and identification pages get a comprehensive overhaul
- Chino Canyon in Palm Springs gets a Beadle Box
- The Driggs Residence as seen on our 2017 tour
- Beadle House 12 turns out not to be a Killingsworth design, but is probably a Smith home instead
- The Schupak Residence aka Mariposa is a tranquil desert retreat
- The Washburn Residence was originally designed by Blaine Drake and remodeled by Beadle
- Vintage photos of Stuart Title aka Amerischools reveal its true identity
- Vintage photo of Thomas Medical before it was painted green
- Vintage postcard Chilton Inn, recently demolished
Sign up for news, special events, preservation action alerts, volunteering, and our Annual Home Tour in March of 2019
Knocking Around Town
- Quebedeax Chevrolet [aka Paper Heart] by Victor Gruen with Max Kaufman and Ralph Haver
Modern Marketplace Moved!After a 14 year run, our beloved message boards have been deactivated. Are you a member of the Modern Phoenix Marketplace on Facebook yet? That's where all the action is now! Answer three quick questions when you apply to expedite your membership in this private, lively group for people serious about buying and selling in Central Arizona.
FIND YOUR WAY
LOST IN STUCCOVILLE?
- Try our interactive map of midcentury neighborhoods, vintage retailers and landmarks. Includes driving tours!
- Map of all properties featured in the Midcentury Marvels Book
- Map of Top 25 eligible yet unprotected properties in Phoenix
- Map of vintage neon in Phoenix Metro
- Map of Vintage Van Buren Avenue
- Map of Al Beadle Architecture
[does not include private homes]
- Map of Fred Guirey Architecture
- Download the printable PDF of Top 10 neighborhoods.
DO A GOOD THING
Modern Phoenix's research, mapping and social activism is funded exclusively through advertising and special events. If you support our vision, sponsoring Modern Phoenix Week to reach your niche market.
WE'RE TOTALLY SOCIAL
Best Home TourBest of Phoenix 2016
Best of Phoenix 2015
Best of Phoenix 2014
Best of Phoenix 2012
Best Modern Architecture Tour 2013
Best Modern Phoenix Tour Stop 2013